Easy & Comfortable
Sprott House retirement village serviced villas provide a warm, caring place for you, yet let you maintain your independence.
They offer a compact home, specifically designed so you can be independent, with assistance or support to make life a little easier. Ownership is by way of a licence to occupy.
Each cosy villa is suitable for singles or married couples. Each has its own entrance with a patio, a bedroom, ensuite bathroom, living area, plus a kitchenette. They have been carefully thought out by experts to provide you with a secure, tranquil life style.
You can do as much or as little as you choose, knowing that assistance is available to help with all the things you decide you don’t want to do for yourself. You will have your own address, your own phone number and, of course, the key to your own home.
Our serviced villas are ideally located about 10 minutes from the centre of Wellington and a few minutes from Marsden Village shops, the Karori Mall and the Karori Wildlife Sanctuary.
They are set in peaceful, landscaped surroundings with lovely gardens with walks and seating.
Sprott House retirement village complex has activities coordinators who run a weekly activities programme for those residents who wish to participate. We have a range of planned activities and outings available but, if you want to do your own thing of course, you can!
In summary, Sprott House serviced villas offer you
- independent living with support as desired
- the security of living in a desirable neighbourhood within a safe, secure environment
- help close by whenever you need it through 24-hour emergency assistance at the push of a button, home care (cleaning, laundry and meal services accessible if you need them)
- priority access to the rest home and hospital should the need ever arise
- long-term residency – provides financial security and allows for financial planning for your future with certainty as to outgoings
- clean, modern and comfortable, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments, built north facing to catch the sun and with open plan living, a kitchenette, ensuite bathroom and patio
- fresh, modern and comfortable studios with ensuites with large windows
- easy access to health services such as GPs, chemist and podiatrist
- outings and activities to enjoy if you would like to take part
Sprott House has certification under the Health & Disability Services (Safety) Act 2001. We are members of HealthCare Providers New Zealand, Retirement Villages Association and New Zealand Council of Christian Social Services.
We are also members of many other associations as well, so if you would like more information, please send us an email.
How the Licence to Occupy works
Sprott House serviced villa and studio ownership is by way of a licence to occupy with access to 24 hour care support. The licence to occupy provides you with the right to use, in conjunction with other residents, the common areas and community facilities provided.
The agreement provides 24 hour emergency care and some rest home services. You are also able to choose from a range of services which can be increased as required.